Feeling Down

Home Forums Jordan Silver Discussion Forum Feeling Down

• This topic has 45 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Debra Webb.
Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Jordan Silver
      Keymaster

Have you ever had one of those days that felt like nothing was going right? How do you handle it without throat punching everyone you see?

• #11999 Reply
      LaKisha M Davis

I go somewhere by myself or I go to my room, close the door, read, and take a breather. If not I will do what you just said. Some people like to try you but you cant let them get to you

• #12000 Reply
      Tamara Webster

I go to a gun range for “aroma therapy”. I may or may not take someone with me, but I do our 100-200 rounds down range. I the go to a purveyor of adult beverages and have one or bring a bottle home. It’s important to take care of yourself first and foremost.

• #12001 Reply
        Jordan Silver
        Keymaster

I’ve tried all the above and it’s not working I just feel so frustrated I could scream and there’s no wine in the house grrr

• #12002 Reply
          Jordan Silver
          Keymaster

That sounds good but I don’t think a gun is a good idea for me in this mood lol

• #12008 Reply
            Allie Stewart

Hell naw, we can’t give you ammunition…. 🤣🤣🤣

• #12004 Reply
      Thriftlyn Gayle

If I’m feeling like that I listen to some music, read one of my favorite books or take a walk and spend some time by myself.

• #12005 Reply
      Allie Stewart

Music! Sometimes I play upbeat, loud songs and sometimes is spiritual and sometimes it’s instrumental or with nature sounds….

• #12006 Reply
      Allie Stewart

And send Bubba to get wine! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• #12010 Reply
        Jordan Silver
        Keymaster

not working this time around he’s got his foot in my azz this time

• #12007 Reply
      Deanna

I just listen to music or take off by myself. sometimes a good cry is good too.

• #12009 Reply
        Jordan Silver
        Keymaster

That’s my usual go to but for some reason nothing is working this time. I’m not sure if I’m going into depression or just having an off day

• #12011 Reply
      Joyce

I feel out of sorts from time to time too. I make a couple of cocktails and watch either comedy, favorite black and white movie or a true crime show.

• #12012 Reply
      Connie

I have been feeling down this week also, I try to get out of the house when I feel like that so I don’t end up eating all the ice cream in freezer, but sometimes a girl has to just eat the ice cream. The other thing that has worked for me is prayer. Not saying it is for everyone, but for me, when I have that connection my days are just better.

• #12030 Reply
        Jordan Silver
        Keymaster

I’ve read my scripture and is having a running conversation with Papa it’s the only thing keeping me from losing it

• #12013 Reply
      Allie Stewart

Wha wohhhh…. That sounds “painful”! Tell Bubba that Allie said to “be sweet, please”. I would hate to make a new voodoo doll… but bunny will!

• #12014 Reply
      Allie Stewart

And this weather isn’t helping, I’m sure! We need sunshine in the South!!!

• #12028 Reply
        Jordan Silver
        Keymaster

I think that’s part of it, I haven’t been ten steps from my front door in forever, well except to go to the dentist and then i was in the car

• #12015 Reply
      Debra Webb

Take a mental break.
      Name one item for all five senses and describe it
      For example
      Close eyes and name one sound, I hear a fan
      It is twirling, medium sound, with a slight regular ping.
      Then smell, I smell my daddy’s cherry tobacco, it is sweet it reminds me of the past
      Touch – marble sink , it is slightly cold but smooth
      Open eyes – name one item you see
      I see a green plant with spiky leaves that looks like it needs water
      Taste – I like chocolate or fruit for this one put the item in your mouth and think on it describe it in full
      My daughters mental break is to name all the different names of cereals.
      Once you finish those reevaluate what has you mad, upset or sad.

• #12026 Reply
        Jordan Silver
        Keymaster

Hmm, I wonder what I could name, i can’t get my mind to settle but reading all these posts are helping

• #12016 Reply
      Debra Webb

I have also gotten on the car played loud music and screamed and sometimes cried, it is a safe alone place.

• #12017 Reply
      Fabiola Cadet-Destil

You know you can always talk to me, since I’m the one that is always bothering you on Instagram🤣🤣

• #12018 Reply
      Sharon

I listen to music, read a favorite book or I clean. Cleaning is when it is really bad-like a “what’s the point” bad. When I clean it is a purge…..like a hoarders clear out. I am by no means slovenly or unclean but EVERYTHING gets a critical eye. I have about 10 boxes ready for donation right now in the living room. I do feel better and then I reward myself with a present or two!

• #12023 Reply
        Jordan Silver
        Keymaster

I don’t have the strength to move let alone clean I’m just beaten down

• #12027 Reply
      Maria

When I’m down I put some music and get to read a book. Sometimes I talk with my furry sons.

• #12031 Reply
      Tamara Webster

You’re at a gun range, you shoot at a target. If it’s a picture of a person you want to throat punch or not is another issue entirely. Remember to use a gun in an unjustified means can severely limit your ability to walk outside, get in your car and go to the store to get a bottle of good alcohol. The stuff you get in prison looks and smells like crap.

• #12034 Reply
      Tamara Webster

Tractor supply has chicks and baby ducks in, go look and listen to the peep.

• #12047 Reply
        Jordan Silver
        Keymaster

That sounds amazing but there’s only one thing wrong with it, people will be in there too, nope

• #12042 Reply
      Debra Webb

Go Go Squid! I loved that one. I laughed and cheered.

• #12051 Reply
        Jordan Silver
        Keymaster

I haven’t seen that one, I’m more in the costume dramas I don’t even watch Western Modern movies

• #12043 Reply
      Miriam

I ‘m sorry your having a bad day. When I have one of those days I think of the blessing that God as giving me .

• #12044 Reply
      Dawn

Any positive distraction usually helps me. If I can focus then reading a good book (like yours) helps me. A hot bath while reading with a drink is even better.

• #12046 Reply
      Donna

I’m sorry that your having one of those days. It really sucks! I read when I have one of those days.

• #12050 Reply
        Jordan Silver
        Keymaster

I haven’t read in almost 7 years but if I still did I wouldn’t even feel like this at all

• #12070 Reply
      Astrid

Well most times I enjoy a good book. But a movie or music also helps. And when I’ve the kitchen to myself, then I just bake. That also turns a day around for me

• #12071 Reply
      F

Hello,
      I am sorry today is not a good day! I take a nice warm shower, no wine, how about a cup of tea, some cookies, a comfort snack…. watch a movie that I love, listen to calm music and remind myself tomorrow will be a brand new day…..That’s why God has a sunrise! I hope this helps….

• #12073 Reply
      Debra Webb

I hope you had a happy Birthday, Today was my daughters birthday too. When I told her you two shared a Birthday, and that you had been down yesterday, she said maybe it was because she was having a Birthday today too. Amanda had a crying spree before bed last night. But today has been an awesome day

Viewing 24 reply threads
Reply To: Feeling Down
Your information:

Amazon Disclosure: Jordan Silver is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

FTC Disclosure: Some links on this website may be affiliate links. Jordan Silver may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.